The general objective of the INEVITABLE project is to improve the performance indicators in the steel and nonferrous metals sectors by retrofitting existing production sites by digitalization and innovative control technologies, to elevate the overall digitalization level.
The main ambition is to exceed the level and functionality of traditional process automation and control systems by applying the functionalities of Digital Factories and Industry 4.0 concepts.
The INEVITABLE project partners will develop and upgrade various technologies:
- Electric Arc Furnace (EAF) models and optimization framework,
- System for supervision, optimisation, diagnosis and condition monitoring of Cold Rolling mills (ZRM),
- Online advisory system for process control and optimization in clean steel intelligent manufacturing,
- Predictive process models for refining and continuous casting of liquid steel,
- Smart cognitive applications to support decisions in controlling the nonferrous casting process.